Dr. Patrick Welch
TEL: (778) 586-6414
1001–235 1st Avenue,
Kamloops, BC, V2C 3J4
Dr. Welch is currently accepting new clients.
- Thompson Rivers University, B.A. (Honours)
- University of Regina, M.A., Psychology
- University of Regina, Ph.D., Clinical Psychology
- College of Psychologists of B.C., Registration #2588
Areas of Interest:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Mindfulness-based approaches
- Depressive disorders and symptoms of depression
- Anxiety and related disorders (e.g., panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc.) and symptoms of anxiety
- Working with adults who are having difficulty coping with thoughts, feelings, memories, pain, behaviours, and/or stressful situations.
Patrick Welch was raised in Kamloops and completed his undergraduate degree at Thompson Rivers University. He received graduate training in clinical psychology at the University of Regina and completed multiple clinical training placements (e.g., University of Regina Counselling Services Centre placement, University of Regina’s Psychology Training Clinic Anxiety and Related Disorders placement, Regina Adult Mental Health Clinic Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder placement, Regina Adult Mental Health Clinic Dialectical-Behaviour Therapy-informed Group placement, Wascana Rehabilitation Hospital Functional Rehabilitation Program placement) including his year-long Doctoral Residency training at the Regina Adult Mental Health Clinic.
Patrick has returned to his hometown of Kamloops in order to be close to family, friends, and the Kamloops community — and to start a career as a private practice psychologist. Patrick is overjoyed to have returned to the mountains, rivers, lakes, and forests of BC’s interior